Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ouch!

Mel slapped me.

No, not really. But she did point out that I haven't posted 2 weeks in a row. But I have a good excuse, honest!!! School. (Insert ominous crescendo here.)

We are back to school at last, which I'm decidedly ambivalent about. But the resulting shuffle of time management means that I have to change my "Will Post" date to Tuesday, I think. Mondays are now all about school and the baby. Otherwise, I've been doing actual writing (as opposed to blogging?). I finally managed my first article for the Post-Tribune and have been thinking through a new romance.

So I caught wind of this post by Maureen Johnson from Claire Zulkey on MBToolbox. Oh how I laughed! Jimmy Stewart only adds to the fun.

[But then, doesn't he always? In the first romance novel I was writing (I've since declared it hopeless -- ironic given the nature of Johnson's blog) the romantic hero was partially based on Jimmy Stewart. However, Stewart is hardly the Romance-Novel Hero type: he's no square-jawed, uber-muscled rake. I'm ashamed to admit this, but originally, this character was a tailor as well. Can you believe it? Yeah. That was not going to work. Oh well. Sigh. I've been a nerd from waaaay back. ]

That's my humble offering this week. I'll work on something more substantial as the week goes on. Thanks for the motivation, Mel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There, my darling. Now isn't that better. You've taken your medicine and the constipation has ended.
That's all I wanted. To see you make a good BM and get on with it. Now that you are unstopped it will all feel better. (Not that your blogging is crap, dear, just that you were all stopped up and needed to get regular again. It was symbolic, honest, your blog is pure gold. Maybe your BM's are as, well, I don't know.You could be like that goose in that story.)

Speaking of stories, I enjoyed your piece in the Post, your posted piece as it were. I'm sure you enjoyed getting to post the check as well, eh?

And the link to the piece with the Jimmy pics, hysterical. Now I'm all wound up, as you can well tell, or tell well. And not even any coffee today - just imagine the havoc I'd wreak if that were in the mix. Of course I did finish off the chocolate cake...

Darlene said...

Step away from the cake... No one wants to hurt you. We just want to help.

Remember Bill Cosby? "Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake!"