Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Glorious Link Dump

This week, I have another link dump for you. I've been saving up some tasty treats in the hope I'd find a few minutes to post. This dump is dedicated to Tom, who likes to read concrete methodological approaches to writing. Must be an engineering thing. :)

Here's an article Tom himself drew my attention to discussing the use of "how-to" books by amateur writers who are no longer novices.

Terescia Harvey has an impressive list of links to practical articles discussing everything from plotting techniques to query letter writing.

Here's a contest worth checking out if you're fond of experimental fiction. The Diagram is a very cool little mag.

A funny blog posting comparing lame romance novel plot twists with venereal diseases. (Rated PG-13 for obscene language. Gasp!)

That should keep you busy for a week or so. Get to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling! Thank you thank you thank you! I am so psyched about the contest you shared with us in your blog (The Diagram). I am definitely experimental fiction! I now know my place in the world. Whew, what a relief. I was shuffling around genre-less all this time.

Wanna do coffee this week?

Darlene said...

Indeed -- it's perfect for you! (Yay! I'm useful!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Darling!
I entered the Diagram contest, and found a whole slew more of them following links from that site. I'll let you know how it goes!

You free this week?

I'll be outta town after the 15th until the 21st.

Mel