Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NaNoWriMo authors beware!

This post from Ann Crispin on Writer Beware is a great point. While I don't believe anyone reading my blog would be silly enough to sign a contract without doing some research about the publisher, I do think it's a great point. Ever since my days as a CRM at B&N, I've been cringing about self-publishing companies which take advantage of writers' frustrations and aspirations. One woman told me she'd paid $10,000 to a publisher to produce a self-published elementary-level handbook for sign language. Don't be that silly. Writer Beware is a great site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Update much?

I need something to inspire me.

Sorry to have missed the Blank Slate this month. Now I have to wait a whole nother month to hang with my homeys.