Friday, January 19, 2007

You know you wanna look

Ages and ages ago, I promised to set up a Del.icio.us account so I could post links to my clips. I did that quite some time ago and never posted the link. Here you go. Mind you, everything on here right now is for the Post Tribune, but I'll keep posting clips as I have them.

The Post Tribune has already given me 7 articles this month, which is fantastic. I have four to do next week, but it's definitely keeping me from focusing on more ambitious work. The money is not a small consideration, but still, I can't help wondering how I can be more focused on preparing a query. I want to accomplish at least one query for a national mag this month.

I miss Claire Zulkey at the MBToolbox blog. It's still a great place for info about queries, but she brought a lively, personable presence to the blog which is now a little dry.

I finished reading Fun Home by Alison Bechdel last night. It was so brilliant. She broaches some incredibly sad and fraught topics (her disfunctional family, her lonely, anxious childhood, the suicide of her father and her coming out) with humor and beauty and love. It's very literary and sophisticated. Yay! I highly recommend it. She is the author of the Dykes to Watch Out For comic strip, which is also fantastic, if you've never seen it.

Lastly, here's a blog I've recently discovered: Writer Unboxed. Tom, one of the members of my writing group, is always looking for new ideas about plotting, and one recent post features links to a couple of methods. Nice tone, well organized, thoughtful.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Sigh... the sex comment bots have found me. It was just a matter of time. I'm gonna have to turn on the human-o-meter aren't I?

Anonymous said...

Hello
finasteride hair loss

Any allergic reaction to this drug or to any similar drug call dutasteride (Avodart) must be reported to your physician.
[url=http://goldenoldtimeradio.com/]buy finasteride[/url]
Almost 80% of men were able to stop their going bald or even reversed their problem to some extent by using Propecia.
http://goldenoldtimeradio.com/ - order propecia
Women or children should not be permitted to handle Finasteride as the skin can absorb it.